Certified in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM 8.0)
APICS Certified in Planning and Inventory Management (CPIM) provides a comprehensive body of knowledge, best practices and standards to allow candidates to better respond to supply disruptions, respond to demand variations and manage supply chain risk
Earning the APICS CPIM demonstrates mastery of an organization’s internal operations and an in-depth understanding of materials management, master scheduling, forecasting, production planning and how it applies across the extended supply chain.
After earning your CPIM you will be able to:
- Increase inventory accuracy and reduce inventory
- Improve forecasting
- Improve the S&OP process
- Manage and apply capacity resource planning
- Work more productively with your company’s ERP systems
Who can benefit from the CPIM program?
- People seeking in-depth knowledge of their company’s internal operations, production and inventory management.
- Employees hoping to boost productivity and collaboration.
- Managers working to improve operations, increase customer satisfaction and company profits.
- Operations professionals looking to secure their career.
Top titles of Certified Individuals include:
- Production Planner
- Supply Chain Manager,
- Purchasing Manager
- Materials Manager
- Purchaser and Supply Chain Analyst
Topics covered in this designation includes:
The APICS Certified in Planning and Inventory Management (CPIM) Learning System is a comprehensive professional development and certification preparation training program. The program combines reading material and interactive web-based study tools and tests plus an optional instructor-led option to enhance your learning effectiveness.
The CPIM Learning System and preparation courses are broken down into 8 modules.
- Module 1: Supply Chains and Strategy
- Module 2: Sales and Operations Planning
- Module 3: Demand
- Module 4: Supply
- Module 5: Detailed Schedules
- Module 6: Inventory
- Module 7: Distribution
- Module 8: Quality, Technology and Continuous Improvement
WHY SEEK CPIM CERTIFICATION?
Earning the CPIM credential makes you a recognized expert in internal operations for your organization. Your commitment and effort demonstrate your high level of knowledge and skills to your employer and colleagues. Certification makes you a more valuable asset to your organization, boosting your career and keeping your organization more competitive in today’s economy. Wherever your career takes you, your CPIM certification defines you as an internal operation expert and leader.
Earning your credential will help you:̥
- Master the knowledge most important to expert supply chain professionals as defined by the APICS Global Job Task Analysis
- Expand your outlook on the supply chain field and bring new ideas to your workplace
- Remain current with supply chain trends and developments.
- Stand out from other candidates in a job search
- Boost your confidence with recognition as a supply chain expert
- Demonstrate your long-term commitment to the supply chain profession
This course helps attendees prepare for the APICS Certified Supply Chain Professional certification exam
CPIM Exam is 150 questions – 3.5 hours to complete.