Body of Knowledge
The Association for Supply Chain Management (ASCM) is the global leader in supply chain organizational transformation, innovation and leadership. As the largest nonprofit association for supply chain, ASCM is an unbiased partner, connecting supply chain professionals and companies around the world to the newest thought leadership on all aspects of supply chain.
ASCM is built on a foundation of APICS certification and training spanning 60 years. Now, ASCM is driving innovation in the industry with new products, services and partnerships that enable companies to further optimize their supply chains, secure their competitive advantage and positively influence their bottom lines.
Through the APICS body of knowledge, individuals:
- Sharpen their skills and command of operations management by taking advantage of hands-on interactive training through APICS national workshops, online classes, Webinars, and local chapter certification review courses and workshops.
- Validate their knowledge and skill set in the field of operations management through internationally recognized certification program, Certified in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM). Education leading to certification is delivered using APICS’ proprietary courseware and time-tested study materials, including the APICS Dictionary, the global standard for terms and definitions used in the field.
- Gain insight and share experiences with peers and industry experts, locally and worldwide, through daily online-community discussions, monthly chapter meetings, workshops, and the annual APICS International Conference and Exposition.
- Keep abreast of industry developments through the award-winning ASCM Magazine, local chapter newsletters, APICS e-News, and exclusive online resources such as news feeds, white papers, educational offerings, career listings, and virtual community interactions.
Through the APICS body of knowledge, employers:
- Train their employees to be better prepared, more knowledgeable, more capable, more productive, and able to contribute to a successful bottom line.
- Validate their employees’ operations management knowledge through support of APICS certification.
- Encourage and support their employees’ participation in APICS to enhance their leadership skills and professional network, which leads to greater self-confidence and improved productivity.