Supply Chain Warehousing Certificate
The Supply Chain Warehousing Certificate, developed by ASCM in partnership with Prologis, signifies the completion of a foundational education program designed to help individuals build their knowledge in warehousing and distribution.
The program provides an overview of distribution inventory management, product storage, packaging and shipment, sustainability in logistics and so much more.
Earning this certificate shows employers you have the knowledge and capability to:
- Take part in the loading and shipping processes, and work with common shipping documents.
- Schedule shipments and use various methods to track the shipments.
- Follow an effective order fulfillment cycle and work to improve order accuracy and efficiency.
- Use inventory management systems in warehouses and distribution centers to accurately report the quantity and value of the materials received, stored, and shipped to customers.
- Categorize inventory and manage the costs associated with holding inventory.
- Manage customer returns.
- Follow environmentally sustainable work practices on the job.
- Implement a structured problem-solving process to deal with problems in warehouses or distribution centers.
- Make appropriate decisions about the use of different types of transportation carriers, understanding their characteristics and the advantages and disadvantages of each.
- Apply different performance metrics to measure the success of a facility in the warehousing and distribution industry.
How It Works
The self-paced program includes 20 hours of education and a comprehensive final exam within an interactive online platform. The exam tests the skills learned in the Supply Chain Warehouse Certificate course. This self-paced education program features a series of courses designed to help you learn about leading practices across the warehousing and distribution industries.